Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the H&S Performance forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: S2L anyone running this ?

S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10016

• laynlow transport
  • Gold Poster
  • ROLL'N COAL
  • Thank you received: 121
Running hd300 on no power just for winter and s1m but i think the rpms are way to high for all the city driving i do 99% of the time the rpms are at 2000 i tryd s2m yesterday and wow it shifts so smooth lol ....is anyone on s2l or s2h?
2008 F350 fX4*****EVERYTHING DONE*******
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10017

• GaLawnCare
  • Platinum Poster
  • HD Diesel Tech
  • Thank you received: 1130
I have been running SL2 High for 5K miles.. I really like it, but I have been thinking about going back to SL1 high to see if 4th gear lockup will help with mileage. But I don't like how hard it engages TC lockup in 4th, it really jolts my truck.
Heard the whistle, saw no smoke? That was a H&S PowerStroke!
Mild tune stock power, lbf 0, SS2med, Alradco x2, Fass, Turbo Back 5", NO SMOKE

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by GaLawnCare.

Re: S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10018

• laynlow transport
  • Gold Poster
  • ROLL'N COAL
  • Thank you received: 121
GaLawnCare wrote:
I have been running SL2 High for 5K miles.. I really like it, but I have been thinking about going back to SL1 high to see if 4th gear lockup will help with mileage. But I don't like how hard it engages TC lockup in 4th, it really jolts my truck.
when dose 5 lock on that setting s2m still seems kinda high rpm.......i have to speed to get it to shift .....since i switched from wild to no power and low boost fuel from 4 to 0 i gaind 60km to a tank very happy cause i fuel up every 4 days
2008 F350 fX4*****EVERYTHING DONE*******

Re: S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10045

• GaLawnCare
  • Platinum Poster
  • HD Diesel Tech
  • Thank you received: 1130
laynlow transport wrote:
GaLawnCare wrote:
when dose 5 lock on that setting s2m still seems kinda high rpm.......i have to speed to get it to shift .....since i switched from wild to no power and low boost fuel from 4 to 0 i gaind 60km to a tank very happy cause i fuel up every 4 days

It depends on tire size and gear ratio.. My locks in 5th at 55mph and stays until I get below 50mph.
Heard the whistle, saw no smoke? That was a H&S PowerStroke!
Mild tune stock power, lbf 0, SS2med, Alradco x2, Fass, Turbo Back 5", NO SMOKE

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10061

• sooty
  • Platinum Poster
  • "No Soot No Glory"
  • Thank you received: 389
i run S2L and love it. Bear in mind GaLawnCare, just because your rpms are lower does not mean better mileage. I have a MiniMaxx and i set one of that gauges on fuel consumption. When the engine is lugging it actually uses more fuel than when it is revving easy at a higher rpm. I got best mileage using schedule 2 shift patterns. (it does depend on the type of driving though)
DIESEL MEISTER...

Re: S2L anyone running this ? 3 years 5 months ago #10121

• Montana Diesel
  • Platinum Poster
  • Carpe Diem Memento Mori
  • Thank you received: 464
Gotta agree with the boys, it all depends on your driving. S2L seems to work when you do more city driving. I'm out on the highway a lot and have found S1M seems to work the best. I like the higher rpm when running up and over the continental divide and just general mountain driving around curves, etc. B)
"If yer gonna be stoopid, ya gotta be tuf" -Big Sky Brewing-
'08 F-350 Fx4 with a 6" Fabtech lift, Bilsteins, Mini max HD 300, Volant cold air intake, Mag-Hytec deep transmission pan, MCC custom tuned transmission schedule, 4" flo-pro straight pipe back from downpipes
The following user(s) said Thank You: laynlow transport
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds